Re: Memory Leak in slapd (or did I miss something configuring?)

On 30/08/2011, at 18.54, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> --On Tuesday, August 30, 2011 2:36 PM +0200 Thomas Rasmussen <rasmussen.thomas@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Is that truly the only solution to this problem? This is a major
>> production system, and changing memory allocator is not just something
>> that we can do.
>
> When I used Slowaris, it was really the only way to have a useful system. The default memory allocator that ships with it is worthless.  Pretty much the same thing in Linux, too.  It is very trivial to download and build tcmalloc and set the environment variable to have slapd use it instead. Probably about 10-15 minutes of your time.

I have now given it a try, but still no luck, my SMF script does this:

LD_PRELOAD=/pack/google-perftools/lib/libtcmalloc_minimal.so /pack/openldap/libexec/slapd -f /pack/openldap/etc/openldap/slapd-crl.conf -h ldap://0.0.0.0:389/ -l local1

After a restart and performing a ldapsearch slapd has allocated over 500MB of memory, which is not exactly a good thing :-(

Regards
Thomas