Re: Memory Leak in slapd (or did I miss something configuring?)

--On Tuesday, August 30, 2011 2:36 PM +0200 Thomas Rasmussen <rasmussen.thomas@gmail.com> wrote:

Is that truly the only solution to this problem? This is a major
production system, and changing memory allocator is not just something
that we can do.

When I used Slowaris, it was really the only way to have a useful system. The default memory allocator that ships with it is worthless. Pretty much the same thing in Linux, too. It is very trivial to download and build tcmalloc and set the environment variable to have slapd use it instead. Probably about 10-15 minutes of your time.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.