Re: clarifications on cachesize, preferred db, et. al. from admin guide

All-

In the email that started this thread, I asked several questions about
clarifications or updates to the Admin Guide or man pages.
Quanah's first response is below with my status updates inline.
I received further clarifications from Marco Pizzoli and Howard.

I have status updates on three of the items and a draft I would like
feedback on for one of the other items.

In regard to: Re: clarifications on cachesize, preferred db, et. al. from...: