Re: openLDAP 2.4.25 make fails with TLS errors

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 9:54 AM, Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com> wrote:

--On April 5, 2011 9:38:24 AM -0700 sim123 <Sim3159@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for your reply, I don't need to use mozilla NSS however when I
compile --with-tls flag I get error saying - NSS library is not found,
please include NSS and NSPR in CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS. So I followed FAQ
and included NSS libs. And FAQ suggested to set --with-tls=no so that NSS
implementation can be used.
Could you please guide me on setting this up. Thanks.

If you read the ./configure -h output, you'll see that --with-tls takes an option.  That option is the name of the TLS implementation you are trying to link to.  For example, I use OpenSSL so:

      --with-tls=openssl \

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc
--------------------
Zimbra ::  the leader in open source messaging and collaboration

Thanks for your reply, I tried your suggestion and used this for configure
./configure --prefix=/root/Desktop/openldap-2.4.25 --with-tls=openssl --with-cyrus-sasl --enable-crypt --enable-debug --enable-cleartext

However this time I can not even configure and get error message:

checking openssl/ssl.h presence... yes
checking for openssl/ssl.h... yes
checking for SSL_library_init in -lssl... no
checking for ssl3_accept in -lssl... no
configure: error: Could not locate TLS/SSL package

I have OpenSSL 0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 installed via yum on cenos 5.2. I tried searching archives but could not find any solution there. Thanks for the help.