Re: delta-sync - ContextCSN on proivder older than consumers

Am Mon, 14 Mar 2011 02:43:53 -0700
schrieb Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com>:

> Dieter Kluenter wrote:
> > Am Sun, 13 Mar 2011 17:39:17 -0700
> > schrieb Yuri Bank<yuribank@gmail.com>:
> >
> >> After doing more testing I have noticed that it is the 'Group
> >> member modify entryCSNs' that seem to get ignored by the Provider,
> >> but picked up by the Consumers. All other changes, adding or
> >> removing users seems to update the ContextCSN on the Provider
> >> correctly.
> >>
> >> So a work around would be to make some kind of random change to an
> >> entry in my DIT ( after making changes to group membership), so
> >> that the Provider has the correct ContextCSN. A simple change like
> >> modifying the description field for a user would accomplish this. I
> >> would like to get to the bottom of this though, without such a work
> >> around.
> >>
> >> Could this have anything to do with the memberOf overlay, which I
> >> am using?
> >
> > It is more likely that the contextCSN of accesslog db is older than
> > the last contextCSN provided by the provider.
>
> It's too unclear to make such an assumption.

It's based on experience, my test environment shows the same results. A
modify to one of the subordinate databases results in error 53 trying
to sync the other subordinate database. Comparing contextCSN of all
four databases showed that the client presents a CSN that is younger
than that of access db, but I am still investigating
[...]

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung