Re: php ldap binding problems

This is how I connect to LDAP and never had problems (my programming is not professional, but anyway):

$ldap_server = "ldap://ldap.example.com";;
$ldap_binddn   = "uid=".$_POST['u'].",ou=people,dc=example,dc=com" ;
$ldap_pass   = $_POST['p'];

            if ($ldaphandle==FALSE) {
                  $message="Could not connect to server";

if (ldap_set_option($ldaphandle, LDAP_OPT_PROTOCOL_VERSION, 3)==FALSE){
              $message="Could not set correct protocol version";

            if (ldap_bind($ldaphandle, $ldap_binddn, $ldap_pass)==FALSE){
                $message="Login error";

It always worked without problems. Note, however, that I always connect to localhost, so I have no experience with remote connections.

It is important to force protocol version 3.

Has anyone had to problem using php_ldap where the bind to ldap will
work find but will unbind right away so any attempt to search the tree