Re: LDAP browsers and cn=config

Gervase Markham wrote:
> Can you tell me which LDAP browsers do support this scheme? After
> all, the other part of my message was asking for advice on which was
> best.
GQ

I am using gq for years. It's an GTK based graphical LDAP Editor. And
yes, you may edit cn=config.

Snippet of my ~/.gq
    <ldapserver>
        <name>debby-3</name>
        <ldaphost>debby-3</ldaphost>
        <ldapport>389</ldapport>
        <basedn>cn=config</basedn>
        <binddn>cn=admin,dc=kronprinz,dc=xx</binddn>
        <pw-encoding>Base64</pw-encoding>
        <search-attribute>cn</search-attribute>
    </ldapserver>

I am NOT using ldapi and NOT the directory cn=config, but the file
slapd.conf with a config-DB definition:
database config
rootdn "cn=admin,dc=kronprinz,dc=xx"

This rootdn is the same rootdn as I use in database hdb. So there is no
need to specify a password here.

--

Harry Jede