Re: Index Usage

--On Monday, December 20, 2010 12:44 PM -1000 Paul <paul@ehawaii.gov> wrote:

I'm also seeing odd entries in the ldap logs:

Dec 20 11:21:17 <server> slapd[11171]: <= bdb_equality_candidates:
(objectClass) index_param failed (18)
Dec 20 11:21:17 <server> slapd[11171]: <= bdb_equality_candidates:
(objectClass) index_param failed (18)
Dec 20 11:21:17 <server> slapd[11171]: <= bdb_equality_candidates:
(gidNumber) index_param failed (18)

This means those entries are being searched on with a search other than the way they are indexed. No amount of re-running slapindex is going to change those messages.

On a separate note I've found the slapcat doesn't produce an LDIF file
that slapadd will use, even keeping to the same version of software
(2.3.37), or importing into newer (2.3.43).
It always errors after the first entry because it seems to be trying to
add a user to an ou that doesn't exist yet, which disturbs me slightly
because the backup infrastructure has been relying on that mechanism for
recovery.  To create another ldap slave I ended up having to use Apache
Directory Studio to create the LDIF for import, which slapadd was
perfectly happy to work with.  I'm not sure if that may be a known bug
that I'm running up against.  I see a few entries in archives relating to
it but not much by way of response other than suggests it should work.

It may be producing an out-of-order LDIF file. You probably need to find out why and permanently re-order it. OpenLDAP 2.4 handles that situation correctly.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.