Re: pamL-dap configuration guide

Jaap Winius wrote:
> Quoting Tim Dunphy <bluethundr@gmail.com>:
>
>>  I was just wondering if anyone happened to know of a good guide to
>> use for configuring centos clients to authenticate pam modules (such
>> as su, sudoers, ssh, system authentication and the like) against
>> openLDAP? I am running a FreeBSD openLDAP server, but I believe that
>> shouldn't affect the clients ability to log in via pam/ldap.
>
> Well, I wrote this guide:
>
>   * PAM configuration guide for Debian
>     http://www.rjsystems.nl/en/2100-pam-debian.php
>
> Yes, it's focus is on Debian, but PAM is PAM, so hopefully it will be of
> some use to you anyway.

I second that last comment. PAM configuration should be the same for any
 system using PAM. When I read the O'Reilly book to learn about setting
up PAM/LDAP years ago, I was setting it up on both Linux and IRIX. While
many things on IRIX are different, the PAM configuration was identical.
That's one of the many great things about PAM.

--
Prentice