Re: AIX as openldap client

> > Oct 26 20:44:12 ldap1 slapd[28664]: Entry
> > (uid=xxx,ou=people,dc=xxx,dc=xxx), attribute 'shadowLastChange' not
> > allowed
> > Oct 26 20:44:12 ldap1 slapd[28664]: entry failed schema check: attribute
> > 'shadowLastChange' not allowed
> >
> > Is this important?
>
> Yes, because either nis.schema or rfc2307bis.schema are missing.
I just reconfigured the openldap server and made sure nis and rfc2307bis are
loaded.  I created a test user with
objectClass: aixAuxAccount
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: shadowAccount
objectClass: inetOrgPerson

I can login to my test linux server with this user but not on the AIX server.
When I do a telnet to the AIX server, I can enter the username, but before I
can enter the password, I get the error
3004-007 You entered an invalid login name or password.

For the password, this is stored in plain text when I add the user.  Before I
can login to the linux server, I have to change it with passwd and after that,
the password is encrypted with {crypt} and I can login to the linux client:
userPassword: {crypt}$1$.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/
Can this be the problem?  I don't know what encrytion AIX expects.

Stef