From: Prentice Bisbal [mailto:prentice@ias.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2010 2:52 PM
To: Darouichi, Aziz; openldap-technical@openldap.org
Subject: Re: ldapsearch problem

Is the DN "cn=company,dc=company dc=edu" the root DN for your LDAP
server, if not, it shouldn't be able to read the userPassword attribute.
That attribute is usually not readable by anyone other than the rootdn
for security reasons. Anyone can auth, but "auth" is not the same as "read"

You either need to search for userPassword using the same dn specified
as the rootdn in your slapd.conf file, or explicitly give
"cn=company,dc=company dc=edu" read access to userPassword.

Prentice