[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

ldapsearch problem

Hi All,
I inherited openldap-2.2.13-12.el4. that was built by a vendor few years ago, This is running in a production. I built a new
openldap-2.3.43-12.el5_5.2.   I run a backup of production  LDIF file. Imported to the new openldap-2.3.43-12.el5_5.2.  deleted all files from /var/lib/ldap except alock and DB_CONFIG file after I stopped services.
I run  slapadd –v –c –l backup_filename.ldif –f /etc/openldap/slapd.conf > import.log
After the import is done I changed owner to be ldap. I started services. Now when I run a search for users passwords
ldapsearch -x -D "cn=company,dc=company dc=edu" -w “Password” userPassword > file.txt
This is the output in file.txt  :
# extended LDIF
# LDAPv3
# base <> with scope subtree
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: userPassword
# search result
search: 2
result: 32 No such object
# numResponses: 1
If I run same in production server I get user’s passwords.