Re: ldapsearch problem

--On Tuesday, October 26, 2010 01:58:06 PM -0400 "Darouichi, Aziz" <adarouic@post03.curry.edu> wrote:

Hi All,

I inherited openldap-2.2.13-12.el4. that was built by a vendor few years ago, This is running in a production. I built a new

openldap-2.3.43-12.el5_5.2.   I run a backup of production  LDIF file. Imported to the new openldap-2.3.43-12.el5_5.2.  deleted all files from /var/lib/ldap except alock and DB_CONFIG file after I stopped services.
I run  slapadd -v -c -l backup_filename.ldif -f /etc/openldap/slapd.conf > import.log

After the import is done I changed owner to be ldap. I started services. Now when I run a search for users passwords

ldapsearch -x -D "cn=company,dc=company dc=edu" -w "Password" userPassword > file.txt

This is the output in file.txt  :

# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <> with scope subtree
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: userPassword
#

# search result
search: 2
result: 32 No such object

# numResponses: 1

If I run same in production server I get user's passwords.

Thanks

Why don't you start by comparing an individual entry in each directory?
Something like:

 % ldapsearch -h olddir -x -D "cn=company,dc=company dc=edu" -w "Password" uid=foo

 % ldapsearch -h newdir -x -D "cn=company,dc=company dc=edu" -w "Password" uid=foo

Bill

--

Bill MacAllister
Infrastructure Delivery Group, Stanford University