Re: How to configure overlay unique in cn=config

Buchan Milne wrote:
On Thursday, 14 October 2010 21:23:05 Benjamin Griese wrote:
Hey buddy,

if you use Apache Directory Studio amongst other things for configuring
overlays, it automatically gets you the right dependencies if you choose
for example OC "olcUnique", you need also need to have OC "olcOverlay" and
so on, ADS automatically sets it for you in a wizard like process. Doing
that without that tool was really a PITA, especially if are not that
familiar with the whole package of different types of classes and schema
dependencies.

Give it a try, ADS made my life as LDAP-Admin a whole lot of easier.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is any way to know (over LDAP) whether the
unique module is built-in, compiled as a module, or not compiled at all, so I
don't believe ADS can help in this situation ...

The Samba folks were complaining about this ambiguity a while back. Which is why we recommended that they just always issue the moduleload statements. They will be ignored/no-op'd if the module was already built in.

Likewise, the default modulepath is always compiled in, so there's no need to set it unless you're loading a custom module of your own from some other location.

--
  -- Howard Chu