Re: slapcat generate extra "space" characters in LDIF output

Frank Bonnet <f.bonnet@esiee.fr> writes:

> Hello
>
> I'm in trouble with slapcat when generating a LDIF file
> it puts some extra "space" characters into some dn longer than 80
> characters.
>
> is there a way to change the output format of slapcat command
> to generate lines longer than 80 characters in the LDIF file ?
>
> I need this because I need to duplicate our directory server
> to another TLD and I need to substitute
>
> dc=fr by dc=biz
>
> but sometime I get   this
>
> ------------------------------------------------dc=fr
>
> sometime I get this

>  fr

This is intended behaviour, because the LDIF specifications (RFC2849)
require a max. line length of 76 characters, but allow line folding,
that is continuation of a line longer than 76 chars.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
sip: 7770535@sipgate.de