[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: OpenLDAP and Load Balance F5 issue
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: OpenLDAP and Load Balance F5 issue
- From: Matheus Morais <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 12:07:27 -0300
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=U6FaHOtDeYl1pUf3wEkK1edoemHW8y4plZ78dq4TAbk=; b=TCD5HyBXTlHyetOHxu6689f5K8SezoOyJWVxtUripU2Oc+LoJoQ9ryNZ3L27tKEeNc hc2vRq0EbpIgblRvoQtE18ZvyISN0tpWRkqO7Lz7hhTDupbrK2fW52Cwl+wl5nS/dc/u osvFmkl6UntufvIOTNvKgijIkFVOnUJVwFtiQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; b=s/yqC1lAFWs5B33qF9Sga6GEeIGVyvotC//WxHu6wCX91pLB92ZE9mSHMhENOmn/P1 TbwewBLtyPFrYN5y+OlQEmCBCbH27bCc5A/cFPjgIeR8HcFPkYQUObXPgLDcLZq4ZY+p sK/AWsTEI7eckoNbI+LoxTTPTao1xFSsx00TU=
- In-reply-to: <4C762C67.email@example.com>
- References: <AANLkTinq8BOOgOugncUPY4h3RfSj0dqEX9Svy3TTRX8J@mail.gmail.com> <4C762C67.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Glad to see those graphics, its a very substantial performance gain!
Thanks to share this with us!
On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 5:57 AM, <email@example.com>
we've also been wondering about the very slow ldap response times of our slapds behind our F5s (in comparison to direct slapd connections) but we had no time to analyze the behavior in detail, yet...
...and thanks to your investigations and your report to the list we don't need to investigate into this direction any more - thank you very much!
For demonstration purposes I've uploaded a screenshot of one of our response time graphs under the following url:
As can be seen here disabling the Nagle-Algorithm (yesterday ~ 15:45 o'clock) leads to a 5 to 6 times faster response.
P.S. BTW: also many thanks into direction to the ltb-project for providing the cacti ldap response graph templates!
On 08/24/2010 08:30 PM, Matheus Morais wrote:
We were having some performance troubles using OpenLDAP and F5 load
balance solution from BigIP at a high concurrent enviroment. We faced
the problem for one month after I discovered that those problems didn't
happen when applications was pointed directly to OpenLDAP server instead
of load balance VIP. After a tcpdump analysis of the packages we realize
that are too many ACK comming from each request.
Last week we solved the problem unsetting Nagle's algorithm on the load
balance virtual server which was causing this issue.
So, if you look yourself on a similiar situation, please check the
Nagle's algorithm on the F5 configuration!