[Date Prev][Date Next]
OpenLDAP and Load Balance F5 issue
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: OpenLDAP and Load Balance F5 issue
- From: Matheus Morais <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 15:30:56 -0300
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:date:message-id :subject:from:to:content-type; bh=7lvtIAWUN7okCUj64Fn+tP76M0e9yT+t5/XLCb8WXco=; b=EYe3svKamPK8EplNDc0WxiP3rASQCqmO5A05A0RI1gOxLPbNfEFQe9Ch0f0qQjCD/n KmyM8/VxmSQiJgWmdZFb9eZyx4pYU5rknN4Am/bfs/1x87XoFnaXrWI4nzxdepndnfQE wfOdY0Xio7eCeRPmobJAf0oKFfotfQS9AZc2Y=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=pXOht1x9ZE5ceFovcoklBCLpkUZbVtKFNlwvNhhfOprgfd2h+V7jVSOhGKXKxU8IA0 iWrvcnEmruEET/yE1SLkoQT4WJS3EOipdG7g8di934W6eV0aL3ABlFUUp7VuQ9h8qt41 nKSyLsT4Yf4u7rjtV1Vir0v4AZDEmK753Sdq4=
We were having some performance troubles using OpenLDAP and F5 load balance solution from BigIP at a high concurrent enviroment. We faced the problem for one month after I discovered that those problems didn't happen when applications was pointed directly to OpenLDAP server instead of load balance VIP. After a tcpdump analysis of the packages we realize that are too many ACK comming from each request.
Last week we solved the problem unsetting Nagle's algorithm on the load balance virtual server which was causing this issue.
So, if you look yourself on a similiar situation, please check the Nagle's algorithm on the F5 configuration!