Re: Best way to merge two local DITs vs empty search base suffix

Chris Jacobs wrote:
Where is it documented how the conf file slapd.conf file is processed?

I've read the documentation, more than once, and still don't know. I
suspect
this whole 'order thing' is pretty darn important (outside of access config).

slapd.conf(5):

suffix <dn suffix>
Specify the DN suffix of queries that will be passed to this backend database. Multiple suffix lines can be given and at least one is required for each database definition.

If the suffix of one database is "inside" that of another, the database with the inner suffix must come first in the configuration file.
<<<<

Seriously, please me at it.

Thanks,
- chris

Chris Jacobs, Systems Administrator
Apollo Group  |  Apollo Marketing | Aptimus
2001 6th Ave Ste 3200 | Seattle, WA 98121
phone: 206.441.9100 x1245 | mobile: 206.601.3256 | fax: 206.441.9661
email: chris.jacobs@apollogrp.edu