Re: Write through an LDAP Proxy?

On 04/06/2010 12:55, Christoph Berkemeier wrote:

i would like to use multiple OpenLDAP Server with Samba. As Samba uses
only one database server, i considered it would be suitable to use a
ldap proxy in front of my master and my slaves servers. I tried it with
the proxycache overlay, but after some testing and combing the internet
for information it seems this does not work for write-request.

Is this information correct? And if it is, are there some alternatives?

The proxycache overlay is designed to keep a local cache of requests (searches and binds if I recall correctly) to a distant LDAP server.

If you just want an LDAP proxy with multiple backends, take a look at the meta and ldap backends:

Hope this helps,
Jonathan Clarke - jonathan@phillipoux.net
Ldap Synchronization Connector (LSC) - http://lsc-project.org