Re: User restriction

On 04/06/2010 11:49, Stuart Cherrington wrote:
Hi,

I'm migrating from a Sun One DS service to Openldap 2.4. In our current
setup, the ldap.conf on each client the nss_base_passwd line is
configured as

nss_base_passwd
ou=people,dc=ldn,dc=sw,dc=com?sub?ismemberof=cn=access,ou=auth,dc=ldn,dc=sw,dc=com

This ensures that only users within the CN 'access' can login to the
servers.

Have exported and imported the data and carried out necessary cleaning
up work, the ldapsearch brings back identical output when examining
'cn=access,ou=auth,dc=ldn,dc=sw,dc=com' but on my client which talks to
the Openldap server, I cannot login with any accounts is the above
setting is in place.

I'm presuming that the issue is about the config of the above line but
try as I might I can't get it to work correctly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

As far as I know, "nss_base_passwd" is not a valid keyword in ldap.conf for OpenLDAP clients.

If you're configuring this on a Linux server, I think you'll find the equivalent configuration in /etc/libnss_ldap.conf or similar.

Hope this helps,
Jonathan
Jonathan Clarke - jonathan@phillipoux.net
Ldap Synchronization Connector (LSC) - http://lsc-project.org