Re: forgotten rootdn psw

Le 06/04/2010 14:06, Francis, Steve (IHG) a écrit :
ok...So i'm an ID10T!!  LOL.  But seriously, I setup an OpenLdap server
and migrated /etc/passwd to it, and all is well: however, I did that
months ago, and you guessed it, somehow I'm having a "senior" moment,
and can't remember the psw for the rootdn, so that I can add another
user to the Ldap server. I'm sure there is probably a way to decode the
"hashed/encrypted" password. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I
really don't want to have to delete everything and start again, but if
that's what I must do, then so be it.

You can simply change the rootdn's password in the configuration file or configuration backend:
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/slapdconfig.html#rootpw%20%3Cpassword%3E

Hope this helps
Jonathan
Jonathan Clarke - jonathan@phillipoux.net