Re: LDAP w/mysql as backend

Em 9/2/2010 07:59, Radosław Antoniuk escreveu:
Hi,

I need a pointer please.
I need to configure an LDAP server that presents (only read!) data from a mysql database. I have found some nice article for ndb configuration but I think that's not what I need, because this scenario is bi-directional, i.e. It assumes a clean mysql database and r/w access via LDAP that uses mysql as backend per say.

I don´t know about the article you read, but what if you follow that article and just create a mysql user with only select privileges to use from OpenLDAP? Even if openldap server tries to update something, would end in error, but read only would still work.

Never tried something similar.

--
Marcio Merlone

begin:vcard
fn:Marcio Merlone
n:Merlone;Marcio
org;quoted-printable:A1 Engenharia & Ind=C3=BAstria
adr:;;R. Humberto Zanato, 10;Curitiba;PR;81870-250;Brasil
email;internet:marcio.merlone@a1.ind.br
title:Administrador de Redes
tel;work:+55-41-3616-3796
tel;cell:+55-41-9689-0036