LDAP w/mysql as backend

Hi,

I need a pointer please.
I need to configure an LDAP server that presents (only read!) data from a mysql database.
I have found some nice article for ndb configuration but I think that's not what I need, because this scenario is bi-directional, i.e.
It assumes a clean mysql database and r/w access via LDAP that uses mysql as backend per say.
What I want to do is to treat LDAP just as an "interface" to mysql database (or even one table).
Can anybody point me to a good direction of reading?

Thanks.

--
Best regards,
Radek Antoniuk