[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: OpenLDAP Log files
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: OpenLDAP Log files
- From: Benjamin Griese <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 16:08:50 +0100
- Cc: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :from:date:message-id:subject:to:cc:content-type; bh=gFK7kLqqCfgnO4Sfu31adI5j3T8KMi1G18qseHylpf4=; b=FC8ojJ2NoWLVvGou4Bqkd8PCOdWjbtzXznErodTbUqziu0ZdQ4Pk8hidbCKdEnPT+d qZoBs7j2i9vMjoL8K+dDeiJryhdE4G7lrqS/52OVr9tXxIf8AIL7fUUIo2yH/1p1tf9r CtvVFN7FM2eJhI1csr1I3H7GrrmgYFhbYjPNI=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :cc:content-type; b=wtsBCfoZkBeFNunpHa9vsr05nJwh7SfWBVC+L6xCrOq6up7k66P3SLicT4lxsOIsbe y9KulCuuB7SNzIlCRChuRvFPEVNN/BCnj8CZA4MyiTio0GkSyTaDbF70cLtbtHlAOBuN uaXnMMgVvCI52mlKcYQ2UMMW88VJdDbesT6g4=
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
on my SLES11 Box the logfiles are written into /var/log/messages.
That seems to be the default on my box, but could differ on yours.
You can set higher and lower loglevel with doubled numbers, i.e. slapd "-d -256" could be a good idea see some usable stuff. :)
On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 15:13, <firstname.lastname@example.org>
One of my teachers decided to move things around and plugged a network
cable in the wrong place causing a network loop and it seems to have ended
up corrupting my ldap database.
Where are the log files from slapd at and/or how do I read them?
I did a 'slapd -d -1' and the pages just keep flying by and never stop
without a ctrl-c. I have run a slapd_db_recover on this Fedora 10 box,
but that did not seem to fix the problem I guess.
I did slapcat the directory to an ldif file yesterday, but I am wondering
if it did not already contain some bad data. I may see if I can slapadd
it back in if ldap does not have to be running. If it does then I will
have to do something else.
Thanks for any info. Took me 7 hours to track down the intermittent
problems yesterday since it seemed to be server problems and now I am
starting out again on the same track it seems.
Scott Mayo - System Administrator
PH: 573-568-5669 FA: 573-568-4565
Question: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
Answer: Why is putting a reply at the top of the message frowned upon?
Joan Crawford - "I, Joan Crawford, I believe in the dollar. Everything I earn, I spend."