cn=config config problem

Hi

I have setup a multimaster setup and some slave nodes, using cn=config.

I am looking at trying to create a user in the cn=config space

i have test.ldif that looks like
dn: cn=test,cn=config
objectClass: simpleSecurityObject
objectClass: organizationalRole
cn: test
userPassword: test
structuralObjectClass: organizationalRole

and I use
ldapadd -D "cn=config" -w
T25src1Rbe65RR6vwd53VTrB1x6EszFGMjhh7m8OOPjNyJ9h7nJO97p00lHMn08m -f
test.ldif

I get
adding new entry "cn=test,cn=config"
ldap_add: Server is unwilling to perform (53)
	additional info: shadow context; no update referral

Which from my investigation tells me my ldap server doesn't know where
to send the update, which is strange because I can make other changes to
cn=config - add a olcsyncrepl and make changes to loglevel

Alex