Re: LDAP logging

Dieter Kluenter wrote:
Ivan Ordonez <iordonez@berkeley.edu> writes:

Edward Capriolo wrote:

    On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 12:17 PM, Ivan Ordonez <iordonez@berkeley.edu> wrote:

        Dieter Kluenter wrote:
        Ivan Ordonez <iordonez@berkeley.edu> writes:

        I want to create logging for LDAP (version 2.4.19-r1) using syslog-ng
        on Gentoo box.
        Hope someone here can point me in the right direction.  I'm lost

        slapd logs to local4.
        filter f_local4         {facility(local4); };
        destination slapd { file("/var/log/slapd"); };
        log {source(src); filter(f_local4); destination(slapd); };

        I still can't get the logging to work.  I followed both suggestions (Dieter
        and Jorge) to no avail.  The syslog-ng daemon starts fine but when I check
        the ldap log, it's empty.  The cron and auth logging is working perfectly
        fine.  Please advise.
        Thanks in advance.

    Check how the package was built.
    If the configuration argument
    was not given, you get no logging.

It was logging before without issue.  I can see the log in /var/log/messages file.  The
problem started hen I emerge or install the new version of openldap (version 2.4.19-r1).
Since then the LDAP logging disappeared in /var/log/messages file.  All I want to do is to
see where the logs go or have the ability to access it.

As I mentioned in my previous post, slapd logs to local4, check your
syslog-ng.conf wether there are other filters with a facility local4.

I added local4 on my syslog-ng.conf file as you suggest on your previous email.  Do I need to make any changes on slapd.conf?