Re: LDAP logging

Edward Capriolo wrote:
On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 12:17 PM, Ivan Ordonez <iordonez@berkeley.edu> wrote:
Dieter Kluenter wrote:

Ivan Ordonez <iordonez@berkeley.edu> writes:

I want to create logging for LDAP (version 2.4.19-r1) using syslog-ng
on Gentoo box.
Hope someone here can point me in the right direction.  I'm lost

slapd logs to local4.
filter f_local4         {facility(local4); };
destination slapd { file("/var/log/slapd"); };
log {source(src); filter(f_local4); destination(slapd); };

I still can't get the logging to work.  I followed both suggestions (Dieter
and Jorge) to no avail.  The syslog-ng daemon starts fine but when I check
the ldap log, it's empty.  The cron and auth logging is working perfectly
fine.  Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Check how the package was built.

If the configuration argument
was not given, you get no logging.

It was logging before without issue.  I can see the log in /var/log/messages file.  The problem started hen I emerge or install the new version of openldap (version 2.4.19-r1).  Since then the LDAP logging disappeared in /var/log/messages file.  All I want to do is to see where the logs go or have the ability to access it.