Re: OpenLDAP does not seem to start

--On Wednesday, January 20, 2010 1:09 PM -0600 sgmayo@mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us wrote:

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Wednesday, January 20, 2010 7:42 PM +0100 Jaap Winius
<jwinius@umrk.nl> wrote:

Irrelevant. What is preventing slapd from starting up? If the loglevel
statement in your slapd.conf is still set to "none", comment it out, or
set it to something more helpful (like 256), restart slapd and see what
shows up in the syslog. If that doesn't give you enough information,
increase the loglevel until it tells you why it's not starting up.

No amount of adjusting the loglevel in slapd.conf/slapd-config is going
to help you get information on why slapd won't start if it never gets far
enough to open syslog.  Which is why I've suggested using slapd level
debugging.

But most likely, the db simply needs to be recovered via the db_recover
command, which I've already pointed Scott at.

Well..you were right.  The '-1' got me a bit more info. :)

Here is what it says, I am guessing that this means it is up and listening
alright.

slapd starting
daemon: added 4r listener=(nil)
daemon: added 7r listener=0x81451d8
daemon: epoll: listen=7 active_threads=0 tvp=zero
daemon: activity on 1 descriptor
daemon: activity on:
daemon: epoll: listen=7 active_threads=0 tvp=zero

Going to do the db_recover now and see what happens I guess.

db_recover is an offline command.  Do *not* run it while slapd is running.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc