Re: OpenLDAP does not seem to start

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> --On Wednesday, January 20, 2010 7:42 PM +0100 Jaap Winius
> <jwinius@umrk.nl> wrote:
>
>> Irrelevant. What is preventing slapd from starting up? If the loglevel
>> statement in your slapd.conf is still set to "none", comment it out, or
>> set it to something more helpful (like 256), restart slapd and see what
>> shows up in the syslog. If that doesn't give you enough information,
>> increase the loglevel until it tells you why it's not starting up.
>
> No amount of adjusting the loglevel in slapd.conf/slapd-config is going to
> help you get information on why slapd won't start if it never gets far
> enough to open syslog.  Which is why I've suggested using slapd level
> debugging.
>
> But most likely, the db simply needs to be recovered via the db_recover
> command, which I've already pointed Scott at.

Well..you were right.  The '-1' got me a bit more info. :)

Here is what it says, I am guessing that this means it is up and listening
alright.

slapd starting
daemon: added 4r listener=(nil)
daemon: added 7r listener=0x81451d8
daemon: epoll: listen=7 active_threads=0 tvp=zero
daemon: activity on 1 descriptor
daemon: activity on:
daemon: epoll: listen=7 active_threads=0 tvp=zero

Going to do the db_recover now and see what happens I guess.

Thank you so much for the help.

--
Scott Mayo - System Administrator
Bloomfield Schools

Question: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
Answer: Why is putting a reply at the top of the message frowned upon?