[Date Prev][Date Next]
Same entry twice in ldapsearch output
It seems weird results are popping up faster than I can assemble
test-setups to reproduce.
I ran a test in mirrormode were I:
1) Took an slapcat generated LDIF from a 2.3.x setup
2) Removed all entryCSN and contextCSN lines.
3) Ran "slapadd -S 1 -q -w -l ~/load_noCSN.ldif" on server-1
4) Did a "slapcat > toserver2.ldif" on server-1
5) Started server-1 and let applications create and modify objects.
6) Moved toserver2.ldif to server-2.
7) Ran slapadd -q -l toserver2.ldif on server-2
8) Started server-2
Now - I would expect the objects created on step 5 to appear after a
while on server-2. They are not.
The reason seems to be that the contextCSN has not been updated properly
The contextCSN in the "toserver2.ldif" file from step 4 is:
The contextCSN on both servers are now:
The entry on server-1 having that entryCSN is a modified object,
however, the change has not been replicated to server-2.
Likewise, the entryCSN for one created object in step 5 is:
It is not present on server-2, but it appears TWICE in a the result from
an ldapsearch (scope sub) on its parent object on server-1.
?!?! .. I'm lost.
From all I know this should not happen on a healthy setup - unless
there's something badly wrong with the procedure I've described above.
It's slapd 2.4.19 with BDB4.8