Re: syncrepl inseard of back-perl ?

Brett @Google wrote:
On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 5:43 PM, Dieter Kluenter<dieter@dkluenter.de>  wrote:
SATOH Fumiyasu<fumiyas@osstech.jp>  writes:

At Mon, 28 Sep 2009 01:39:32 +1000,
Brett @Google wrote:
[...]
I'm writing a syncrepl consumer Perl script to implement an LDAP->NIS
gateway (WIP):

   http://www.osstech.co.jp/download/fumiyas/ldap2nssfiles.pl

But I don't know this script (and Net::LDAP) has correct
syncrepl consumer implementation or not because I'm a newbie of
syncrepl implementation...

I have just written a working simple perl prototype:
http://pastebin.de/276

Thank you both very much for your suggestions.

This would seem reasonable complexity wise, but i was wondering, is
there any way to skip the refresh phase, other in just ignoring the
objects, waiting for the persist stage ?

Just read the server's contextCSN and include it in the cookie when you send the actual sync search request.

--
  -- Howard Chu