[Date Prev][Date Next]
Fwd: syncrepl inseard of back-perl ?
- To: openldap-technical <email@example.com>
- Subject: Fwd: syncrepl inseard of back-perl ?
- From: "Brett @Google" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 01:39:32 +1000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=/3oCKVZMJONR37ytHqqYUBYiyyVmLryiym4fzEQx+Og=; b=Ae2vaDJYZ656e3ssy+tOt++34/OHbjXATL/gvF7lk03bCGwXQs8nbWbp9SnqtRI/5C ENUN2abcLrMW0IaGUnC9jnv+secfl/HIF13xbyBAEd6NVq30/BGS1it72EoGdxBNVXIB 4/rfYfTHE14X0LfUhRS3A7+1PbqfAbocnz0Jg=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=ku/9Jkmn6uQtt7wPCimZprhV39spL4l48FmnCnkkI9RJHluea/OnHeGpNGvyco+YIi o500snaBFNureLIUArp5ApwqbJp5aObHGZ1v2ZLCtcZPcsnPENHe96bfCU1yHnHc+t72 qBfTZwZRo52uvuY+SBUM3+Gc7tJPB7qLwzF3o=
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I was wondering if there are any concrete examples of using syncrepl
to monitor a slapd for changes, and perform some scripted operation if
the monitored data changes. I can think of several cases where this
might be very handy, where you want to run a script or custom business
logic, on receipt of some data being changed.
I have seen some examples in the 2.3.x days, where slurpd was used to
push changes to a back-perl script, which then did some custom
business logic and it did fill an very useful niche. I imagine these
post-slurp syncrepl days you could use the syncrepl protocol in a push
mode via a proxy to push changes at a back-perl instance to the same
sort of thing.
But perhaps using syncrepl directly might seem like a better option,
as this has been touted as a benefit of syncrepl, although i have not
seen any specific examples.. To this end, i am wondering are the
syncrepl client parts of slapd usable outside the context of the slapd
binary? Has anyone tried this and has any examle code they are willing
to share ?