Fwd: syncrepl inseard of back-perl ?

Hello,

I was wondering if there are any concrete examples of using syncrepl
to monitor a slapd for changes, and perform some scripted operation if
the monitored data changes. I can think of several cases where this
might be very handy, where you want to run a script or custom business
logic, on receipt of some data being changed.

I have seen some examples in the 2.3.x days, where slurpd was used to
push changes to a back-perl script, which then did some custom
business logic and it did fill an very useful niche. I imagine these
post-slurp syncrepl days you could use the syncrepl protocol in a push
mode via a proxy to push changes at a back-perl instance to the same
sort of thing.

But perhaps using syncrepl directly might seem like a better option,
as this has been touted as a benefit of syncrepl, although i have not
seen any specific examples.. To this end, i am wondering are the
syncrepl client parts of slapd usable outside the context of the slapd
binary? Has anyone tried this and has any examle code they are willing
to share ?

Cheers
Brett