Re: Unable to bind to active directory using TLS

Here is more information
1. I am binding to Active Directory from Solaris 10
2. My php_info gives configure options as './configure' '--prefix=/home/local/php-5.2.9' '--with-apxs2=/path/apache2/bin/apxs' '--with-ldap' '--with-ldap-sasl' '--with-openssl=/usr/local/ssl' '--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql/' '--with-gd'
3. The PATH & LD_LIBRARY_PATH listed via php_info on the browser has exactly the same settings as my user account (that executes the script from command line)
4. I have a ldap.conf file inside /opt/csw/etc/openldap . However this file is not being used by the script (command line or web). I rename the file and nothing changes!.
5. I have apache compiled for mod_ssl

Should I recompile Apache with mod_ldap or any additional modules - I using a PHP script on my webserver to gather login & password to authenticated against Active Directory?.

Thanks again for your time.

-Harish

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 5:59 AM, Zdenek Styblik <stybla@turnovfree.net> wrote:
Harish Chakravarthy wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Greetings.
>
> I am unable to bind to active directory using TLS. I get the following
> error while executing my script via the browser
>
> /*PHP Warning:  ldap_start_tls() [<a
> href="" Unable to
> start TLS: Connect error*/
>
> The same script when executed from the command line works!.
>
> I have compiled PHP with flags --with-ldap  --with-ldap-sasl
> --with-openssl  .
>
> Can you help me further trouble shoot this problem?.
>
> Thanks
> Harish

And what has <?php php_info() ?> to say? I think there might be two .ini
files - one for command line and one for httpd php module. So, this one
for httpd might be missing:
extension=openssl.so
extension=ldap.so
<whatever is needed>