Re: Reg Adding New Attributes

--On Thursday, September 10, 2009 9:33 AM -0700 Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com> wrote:

--On Thursday, September 10, 2009 3:20 PM +0530 Asimananda Mohanty
<asimananda.mohanty@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All,

I have installed OpenLdap and PHPLdapAdmin.

I have added a user which objectclass is :

objectClass inetOrgPerson posixAccount shadowAccount

I need to add a new attribute which will be application specific
(application which will need LDAP authentication and based on the
attribute value, it will provide service to the user).

When I tried to do the same by adding attribute and value to ldif files
and then adding the ldif file, it showed error:

ldap_add: Undefined attribute type (17) additional info: AppAttribute1:
attribute type undefined.

What is AppAttribute1?  It's not a part of any of those schema.

Or more to the point -- Have you defined your own custom schema, with that attribute and whatever other custom attributes you need, with an objectClass holding them?

I suggest reading over <http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/219.html>

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer