RE: Case Ignore Ordering matching rule for IA5 String sysntax ?

Ummm .. checking what RFC3687 (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3687) is
saying
in table included in chapter 3.2.2 it looks that
"caseIgnoreOrderingMatch" should
be also allowed for IA5String syntax (read section 3.2.1.1 in this same
RFC
explaining it)

   So ... could it be a bug in slapd not allowing these set of matching
rules
(including the "caseIgnoreOrderingMatch" one) to be defined for
IA5String syntax ???

  Actually it looks that RFC4517 does not exclude it. Text in
"caseIgnoreOrderingMatch"
section 4.2.12 (in this RFC4517) says:

   The caseIgnoreOrderingMatch rule compares an assertion value of the
   Directory String syntax to an attribute value of a syntax (e.g., the
   Directory String, Printable String, Country String, or Telephone
   Number syntax) whose corresponding ASN.1 type is DirectoryString or
   one of its alternative string types.

   IA5String syntax is NOT mentioned into that "e.g." list ... but is it
really
excluded ? Is it not IA5String syntax another DirectoryString's
alternative string
type as it is PrintableString syntax?

BR / Antonio