Re: ldap_sasl_bind(SIMPLE): Can't contact LDAP server (-1)

Xu, Qiang (FXSGSC) wrote:

> I remember Michael had said that to make successful SASL bindings, you
> must examine your DNS settings first, to make sure it can resolve
> hosname to ipaddress and vice versa correctly.

The error message

"ldap_sasl_bind(SIMPLE): Can't contact LDAP server (-1)"

clearly indicates that the server could not be reached at all. There's a
problem at network level or the server does not listen on the host:port
used. Note that within the LDAP client lib really connecting to the
server is deferred until the first LDAP operation function is called.
This seems to be a simple bind in this case.

Ciao, Michael.