OpenLDAP and "reverse" wildcards

I have a somewhat strange question.

We are using OpenLDAP (openldap-server-2.4.11-bdb) and Berkley DB (db-4.6.21)
in a project.

LDAP is used to store subscribernumbers and the address of the ippbx where the subscriber is registered. Typically every subscriber have a separate DN in the
LDAP-database. We have a serverfunction that do ldap-searches for
subscribernumbers to retrieve the ippbx-address. This part is going to remain
working as is.

Now we want to be able to have a "wildcard"-entry in LDAP, that points to an address also. This entry shall respond to any ldap-search matching the wildcard.

Let me give an example:

We have, let's say four ippbx's with prefixes 111, 222, 333 & 444. A subscriber- number consist of the prefix and five more digits. Each subscriber can be registered in any ippbx and still be reachable. The prefix indicates the subscribers

Now we want to use a gateway to another telephone-system. We don't want to have all of the subscribers from that system registered in LDAP, so we want a "wildcard"-entry saying that if you dial 99912345 LDAP should have an entry 999xxxx pointing to the gateway for the subscribers in the other telephonesystem. The response to the ldap-search should contain the the gateway address to the telephone-system regardless of the number entered. So if I dial 99912345 I
should get the same response as if I dial 99967890.

The response shall have the same format as in the ippbx-solution. We want the ldap DIT to look the same for the wildcard and the others - the DN shall look the same.
We don't want to change the serverfunction we are using today.

So - finally my question:

Would it be possible to solve this with OpenLDAP and if so - how can it be done?

Looking forward to your suggestions!