Re: search for "dynamic" calculated attribute's value (bdb_equality_candidates: not indexed)

Could you or someone else on the list please explain to me how "hasSubordinates" work (not in detail just in principle)? Is its boolean value calculated each time this operational attribute is accessed (+) and/or searched (filter expression)? Or is the attribute's value stored in the backend and only gets updated on changes to an entry's children?

It's dealt with specially, and only honored by those backends that have a structural knowledge of its value. In fact, back-bdb and others do have primitives to search for immediate subordinate entries of an entry, because they need to know about them. In this case, both searching for values of that attr, and filling its value, is straightforward. I wouldn't take it as an example of a dynamically generated attr, though.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.