Re: open-source admin tools

Except mentioned gq, which is quite fast, although buggy a little bit,
I'd recommend also ldapvi tool (under shell, actual editor configrable via
$EDITOR env variable, can use other than vi if you wish), and
excellent eclipse plugin for ldap directory - slow, but magnificent,
includes ldap filter editor, built-in userPassword encryption, automatic
decoding of base64 strings and more conveniency-oriented features
It's named Apache Directory Studio, and stand-alone version (without full
eclipse) is also available.

http://directory.apache.org/studio/

regards,
DT