Re: OpenLDAP Syncrepl issue

Hi Quanah,

Is it possible to have a script run upon an LDAP dir modification?

This is my scenario;

1 - Drupal based web site used to add/remove users from an OpenLDAP server.
2 - I then manually run zmexternaldirsync to auto provision users to ZimbaLDAP based on entries in OpenLDAP (reason for this email to you).

We use OpenLDAP as our workstation auth (Linux, OSX and Windows) directory service and ZimbraLDAP as our collaboration service (mail, calendering).

My goal is to automate the Zimbra user provisioning, croning the zmexternaldirsync script isn't a good option in my case. Ideally, the zmexternaldirsync script would run "after" any OpenLDAP dir modification.

I did create a Zimbra server to do Windows/Linux/OSX user authentications but in the end felt this solution was fraught with potential issues not to mention that I couldn't get our Drupal site to talk to Zimbra.

The Drupal modules; ldap_integration and ldap_provisioning work great on a standard OpenLDAP installation so this is the route I prefer.

Anyways, your advice would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
- Brian