Re: OpenLDAP Syncrepl issue

--On Friday, March 20, 2009 4:20 PM -0700 Brian Krusic <brian@krusic.com> wrote:

Hi Quanah,

Is it possible to have a script run upon an LDAP dir modification?

This is my scenario;

1 - Drupal based web site used to add/remove users from an OpenLDAP
server.
2 - I then manually run zmexternaldirsync to auto provision users to
ZimbaLDAP based on entries in OpenLDAP (reason for this email to you).

We use OpenLDAP as our workstation auth (Linux, OSX and Windows)
directory service and ZimbraLDAP as our collaboration service (mail,
calendering).

My goal is to automate the Zimbra user provisioning, croning the
zmexternaldirsync script isn't a good option in my case.  Ideally, the
zmexternaldirsync script would run "after" any OpenLDAP dir  modification.

I did create a Zimbra server to do Windows/Linux/OSX user authentications
but in the end felt this solution was fraught with potential issues not
to mention that I couldn't get our Drupal site to talk to Zimbra.

The Drupal modules; ldap_integration and ldap_provisioning work great on
a standard OpenLDAP installation so this is the route I prefer.

Anyways, your advice would greatly be appreciated.

You can use the Net::LDAPapi perl module as a delta-syncrepl client that performs actions based off modifications to the directory. Which would include being able to have it modify another directory.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc