Re: Can not modify cn=conf - openldap 2.4.15

--On Tuesday, March 03, 2009 11:56 AM -0700 Mathew Rowley <mathew_rowley@cable.comcast.com> wrote:

The command I was using did not define a file or a directory, so I assume
it was using my default slapd.conf.

When using 'slapd' in tool mode, does it spawn the slapd server then
perform the command, then kill the server?  Meaning, should I have ldap
stopped when using slapd in tool mode?

Ok, to do what you are doing, you need to be using the new cn=config format, and not slapd.conf

Second, slap* tools are all offline functions. So yes, slapd should not be running when you use them. (slapcat is the general exception, with some caveats, read the documentation on it).

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer