Re: Can not modify cn=conf - openldap 2.4.15

Title: Re: Can not modify cn=conf - openldap 2.4.15
I am reading the man page for slapd as well as the admin guide, but I cannot find anywhere that says how to use a directory vs a .conf file...

On 3/3/09 12:02 PM, "Quanah Gibson-Mount" <quanah@zimbra.com> wrote:

--On Tuesday, March 03, 2009 11:56 AM -0700 Mathew Rowley
<mathew_rowley@cable.comcast.com> wrote:

> The command I was using did not define a file or a directory, so I assume
> it was using my default slapd.conf.
> When using 'slapd' in tool mode, does it spawn the slapd server then
> perform the command, then kill the server?  Meaning, should I have ldap
> stopped when using slapd in tool mode?

Ok, to do what you are doing, you need to be using the new cn=config
format, and not slapd.conf

Second, slap* tools are all offline functions.  So yes, slapd should not be
running when you use them.  (slapcat is the general exception, with some
caveats, read the documentation on it).

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc
Zimbra ::  the leader in open source messaging and collaboration

DESK: 720.267.7767