[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: ldappasswd returns "Additional info: password hash failed" in Solaris 10 SPARC
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: ldappasswd returns "Additional info: password hash failed" in Solaris 10 SPARC
- From: Michael Ströder <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 17:54:52 +0100
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <49A9C621.email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <49A9467F.email@example.com> <49A9C621.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20081204 SeaMonkey/1.1.14
Marius Paulauskas wrote:
> I did further testing and found out the following.
> passord change using ldappasswd works if password-hash is set to
> CLEARTEXT, SHA and MD5. It doesn't work if it is set to SSHA, SMD5 and
> CRYPT or, in other words, non of the "salted" algorithms.
> Interestingly, I took it further and compiled openldap myself and result
> is exactly the same. I wonder if that is problem with some ciphering
> libraries specific to Solaris.
Did you build OpenLDAP with OpenSSL?
> What is an ITS that you suggest to file and where to file it?
It's a ticket for an issue. See issue tracker here: