[Date Prev][Date Next]
trailing characters in olcserverids after conversion
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: trailing characters in olcserverids after conversion
- From: Oliver Liebel <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 10:09:05 +0100
- User-agent: Thunderbird 220.127.116.11 (Windows/20081209)
using openldap 2.4.13 (compiled from openldap.org source-package)
i have noticed the following, reproducable behaviour when converting
a slapd.conf to slapd.d:
if slapd.conf contains serverids with ldap-urls, e.g. in this format:
ServerID 1 "ldap://ldapmaster.local.site:9000"
ServerID 2 "ldap://ldapslave.local.site:9000"
the olcserverids always contains some trailing (garbage) characters
conversion, and are base64 encoded. when i set them manually in
ldapmodify, they are displayed "clean".
the serverid-lines in slapd.conf are "clean" (they contain no whsp/tabs
at the end
of the line or similar, invisible chars).
i have tested it without \"\ and without portnumber,
tested conversion with slaptest and slapd,
in virtual and real machines,
result is always the same.