Re: not able to delete schema (using back-config)

Am Dienstag 09 Dezember 2008 18:02:35 schrieb benjamin thielsen:
> hi-
>
> i've been experimenting with using back-config (2.4.11 courtesy of
> debian), and am able to add schema, but not able to delete the schema
> after being added.  iirc, this should be possible in recent versions?

No, deleting Schema is not implemented in back-config. And I don't know of
any plans to implement it. The experimental back-config delete support in HEAD
(and recent 2.4 Versions when compiled with -DSLAP_CONFIG_DELETE) is only for
databases and overlays.

> i'm confident that the schema's not in use by any entries.
>
> adding the schema is successful:
>  >ldapadd -xWD 'cn=admin,cn=config' -f java_schema.ldif
>
> Enter LDAP Password:
> adding new entry "cn={13}java,cn=schema,cn=config"
>
> ldapsearch confirms this:
>  >ldapsearch -xWLLLb 'cn=schema,cn=config' -D 'cn=admin,cn=config'
>
> "(cn=*java*)" dn
> Enter LDAP Password:
> dn: cn={13}java,cn=schema,cn=config
>
> ldapdelete says:
>  >ldapdelete -vxWD 'cn=admin,cn=config'
>
> 'cn={13}java,cn=schema,cn=config'
> ldap_initialize( <DEFAULT> )
> Enter LDAP Password:
> deleting entry "cn={13}java,cn=schema,cn=config"
> ldap_delete: Server is unwilling to perform (53)
>
> i'm not seasoned at interpreting slapd debug output, but nothing
>
> specifically jumps out at me when running with -d -1:
[..]

> what am i doing wrong?
Nothing ;)

--