Re: LDAP + SAMBA PDC

On Thu, 2008-10-23 at 18:40 +1100, Arun NAIR wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> I have made an LDAP + Samba PDC and am able to add users to it as well.
> But when I try to login using ssh to the user name I get the error
> message Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-with-mic,password).  I'm
> really reaching the deadlines now and have tried all the resources I
> could get my hands on it would be greatly appreciated if you guys can
> help me out with this.

Hi,

for ssh to work there has to exist UNIX account with the same name as
SAMBA account. this is samba default and samba can't operate without
unix account with the same username.

what is happening is that your UNIX account has no password set (or the
password is different from the SAMBA password. to sync samba and unix
passwords there is a setting in smb.conf unix password sync = yes

have a look at the logs (it will be in syslog or auth.log depending on
your syslog configuration) this will tell you more.

furthermore, this is not a ldap issue (you can expect the same behaviour
with tdbsam or smbpasswd backend) and best is to ask at samba lists.
M.