Upgrade from openldap 2.4.9 to 2.4.12

Dear all,

I am currently having 4 LDAP servers running in 4-way masters mode, the current version is 2.4.9 and there are around 100k records.

The db version is 4.2.

If I want to upgrade to version 2.4.12, I should upgrade the db to 4.4 or above, right ?

but if the db version is upgraded, how to preserve my existing 100k records, any formal procedure to convert the data to the new format ?

Is my following procedure correct ?

- upgrade the db version to 4.4
- upgrade openldap in 1 machine to 2.4.12
- delete all the files in /usr/local/var/openldap-data
- stop 2 more openldap servers, leaving only 1 running version 2.4.9
- start the new server running version 2.4.12, then, records will be created in 2.4.12.
- repeat for others servers.

Is this correct ?

Thanks

Confidential Communication - This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally privileged. If this e-mail has been sent to you by mistake please inform us by reply e-mail and then delete the e-mail, destroy any printed copy and do not disclose or use the information in it.