[Date Prev][Date Next]
Upgrade from openldap 2.4.9 to 2.4.12
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Upgrade from openldap 2.4.9 to 2.4.12
- From: Paul Lee <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 18:11:02 +0800
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624 Netscape/7.1 (ax)
I am currently having 4 LDAP servers running in 4-way masters mode, the
current version is 2.4.9 and there are around 100k records.
The db version is 4.2.
If I want to upgrade to version 2.4.12, I should upgrade the db to 4.4
or above, right ?
but if the db version is upgraded, how to preserve my existing 100k
records, any formal procedure to convert the data to the new format ?
Is my following procedure correct ?
- upgrade the db version to 4.4
- upgrade openldap in 1 machine to 2.4.12
- delete all the files in /usr/local/var/openldap-data
- stop 2 more openldap servers, leaving only 1 running version 2.4.9
- start the new server running version 2.4.12, then, records will be
created in 2.4.12.
- repeat for others servers.
Is this correct ?
Confidential Communication - This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and may be
legally privileged. If this e-mail has been sent to you by mistake please inform us by reply
e-mail and then delete the e-mail, destroy any printed copy and do not disclose or use the
information in it.