Security issue : userPassword is shown

Hi all,

I use a 3rd party LDAP browser to browse the users that I created. I can see the userPassword clearly (plain text).

Is there any way to avoid this ?

When I use slapcat command to export to LDIF file, the userPassword field is encrypted, but why using 3rd party browser will show the password in plain text ?

Thanks

Confidential Communication - This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally privileged. If this e-mail has been sent to you by mistake please inform us by reply e-mail and then delete the e-mail, destroy any printed copy and do not disclose or use the information in it.