Re: [Fedora-directory-devel] Re: How to implement Extended DNs for Samba4?

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
Howard Chu wrote:

I think you misunderstood my proposal. I'm not suggesting we muck with
the returned DNs at all; the extra information will only appear in the
response control.

So you mean adding a response control value made of something like

controlValue ::= SEQUENCE {
	extended	extendedDN
}

extendedDN ::= SEQUENCE {
	attrval		attrVal
}

attrVal ::= {
	attrspec	attrSpec,
	value		octetString
}

where the sequence of attrSpec was specified in the control request.  In
the case at hand, the control request would contain GUID, SID and
entryDN.  Is this what you mean?  Then, it would be the client's task to
use the response to build a string in the format specified by
1.2.840.113556.1.4.529.

Yes, that's what I had in mind. The question is whether that's sufficient for Samba's purposes; the control that I've described is sufficiently general that it would be useful for a lot of other cases.

--
  -- Howard Chu